Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HV Linear Regulator Outputting 0.4V

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
Hey everyone,

I assembled a couple of the same PCB for testing and it seems that the high voltage linear regulator is outputting 0.4V on both boards. Does anybody have any idea why this would be?

The linear regulator being used as per the schematic on page 9 except the input capacitance is 1uF 250V X5R and the output capacitance is 10uF or 30uF (I tried both) 25V X5R:
https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/NCP785A-D.PDF

This is the 15V version of the regulator where the minimum input voltage is 60V and I tested it between 65VDC to 73VDC. The only load on the regulator is an IC that consumes 1-2mA.

Last edited:
Funny I was just looking at the data sheet in a different window. How do you know what pin is "In". I can see "1,2,3" and "In, Gnd, Out" but not together.

Funny I was just looking at the data sheet in a different window. How do you know what pin is "In". I can see "1,2,3" and "In, Gnd, Out" but not together.
table 1 page 2

are you sure of that figure?
As sure as the manufacturer's datasheet for that IC.
Yeah. I have no idea how I ended up with the pin out I used. When laying it out, I remember thinking that it was a bit strange that the tab was not ground since that would be most convenient for the heatsink plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back