Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Humidity Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi,

Have been looking at the humidity sensors to connect up to a Pic micro - however the few designs around use either the SHT11 range or the HS1101, which are both very expensive - you can buy complete meters for less.

Some component suppliers - like Rapid and even Farnells - stock several much cheaper sensors, some that would seem very similar to the HS1101 design.
**broken link removed**
GE SENSING / THERMOMETRICS|HSP15P|SENSOR, HUMIDITY, 20 TO 90% | Farnell United Kingdom

Does anyone know of, and could share any proven circuits to match these cheaper sensors.

thanks

Last edited:
I posted a solution https://www.electro-tech-online.com...m-microcontroller-with-two-digital-io.101749/ which uses the cheaper capacitive sensors and only 2 digital I/O lines. I demonstrated it with a AVR Mega 16 but it should work on most 4K CPU's. It could probably be squeezed into a 2K CPU if re-written in C. It does not require a ADC and the readings are comparable to those I received using the VOUT HM1500 sensors. I have tried it with the HCH-1000-002 and the HS1101 but it should work with just about any capacitive humidity sensor that operate in a similar range. See: http://correctenergysolutions.com/electronics/cap-humidity-sensor-circuit/ to download the schematic and Bascom software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back