Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HTTPS SIM7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGLJGL

Hi, I have 3 main problems:

1)
When following the [SimCom HTTPS application note](https://www.waveshare.com/w/upload/5/5c/SIM7000_Series_HTTPS_Application_Note_V1.01.pdf) : HTTPS Function, I'm not able to do the POST. (already added the certificate needed)
I have to do the post to https://www.atesens.com/api/v1/4444/telemetry (it's for testing).

2)
Many times I get +SHCONN: ERROR without any aparent reason.

3)
If I want to send this body:
{"PM1":0.1,"PM25":0.50,"PM10":0.79,"FWVER":1,"HEAP":27575,"ICCID":"89314404000281747726","RELE01STAT":0,"RELE02STAT":0,"RELE03STAT":0,"OPSSTAT":1}
how can I know the length of this body? Simply counting all the characters?
If I send AT+SHBOD="{"PM1":0.1,"PM25":0.50,"PM10":0.79,"FWVER":1,"HEAP":27575,"ICCID":"89314404000281747726","RELE01STAT":0,"RELE02STAT":0,"RELE03STAT":0,"OPSSTAT":1}",146 then I get ERROR

i'm looking at the manual you posted, and there are a lot of steps before sending your data that need to be done before that happens. 1) have you verified your device has an IP address on your local network?
2)does your device have a path through your router to the internet?
3)does your device have DNS service?
4)are the proper ports on your router open?
5) is your device negotiating a valid HTTPS connection?

i'm thinking it's a device that connects over cellular internet, so there are other factors to consider, whether the device has valid provisioning and network system access would be the primary concerns.

from the looks of it in this manual, continuously issuing AT commands from a command line would get kind of tedious, it looks like the manual is geared toward the user creating their own API to handle these tasks. you might see if there's already one out there in python, this whole process would be a set of scripts.

Hi, I'm really not able to answer your questions, I'm really lost.

I'm using a SIM7000E (the module is SIM7000 NB-IoT HAT) and using an NB-IoT SIM card.
Also, I have allready added the certificates needed to the module memory.

there's more to connecting a device to the internet than just giving it SSL certs. the device requires a network connection, and needs to have some way of acquiring an IP address, and establish a connection to a DNS server so that when you tell it to post the data you are sending, it can get an ip address to send it to. having SSL certs installed do you no good if the device has nowhere to go with them...

using the ip address instead of the web address bypasses the need for DNS. so you do actually have a network connection, so you need to know exactly what happens with ssl handshaking and how that process works (looking at the HTTPS manual you posted, you may want to look into some "fine grained" detail) which an overview can be found [here] and [here] . i hope that helps somewhat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back