Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HT12D Connecting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael_LW

Hi guys, I'm kinda new to IR stuff, and I'm trying to build a remote using a HT12a and HT12D.

However, I'm having some probs with connecting my HT12D
when i connected the HT12D on my breadboard i also connected a 2n3904 to the d0 output of the HT12D and an LED in front of the collector pin of the transistor. What i expected to see was that the LED would light up, however, it didn't. I also tried the same thing with the VT pin and here it was the same (this time as expected, i think).

Completely puzzled by this i thought i'd be clever by simply connecting the Din of the ht12D to the Dout of the ht12A, but it made absolutely no difference. Does anybody know why this is happening?

After that i also tried connecting the Din pin to my +5v with a 10k resistor between it...still nothing.

pls help guys

ps: just for the record, i left all the adress pins open, on both the encoder as the decoder, so i'm fairly sure it's not that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back