Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HQS1312, 2-bit decimal counter and decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

4pyros

Most Helpful Member
Anyone know where I can get this chip as used in this kit?
**broken link removed**

Likely it is a programmed uC, not avail as parts from a Korean source.

The clue is a 30 Hz max counting rate. It could be any uC but the HQS is not a list prefix for any Mfg.

The 2 bit input is IN edge count and reset. The uC decodes the decimal count to two digit 7 segment LEDs.

Apparently the Buzzer goes on when it reaches 100 and the reset clears the buzzer.

I highly doubt anyone would sell the chip alone, so if you want it, buy the kit.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I think the chip will be a programmed microcontroller. You could achive the same thing using a PIC16F628 or an Atmel ATtiny2313. You would buy a blank chip and write the code to perform the counting function and display. This is an example of a tachometer function achived in this way.

Les.

I am looking for data on the chip to see if it could be used as a down counter too.
All the PIC counter schematics I have seen have current limiting resistors for the display and I am thinking this chip has a built in driver.

I have seen schematics of people not using current limiting resistors between the PIC and LED but it is not good practice.

Les.

In 1976 I designed a down counter and large LED display using an LED calculator and preset to any number then -1 and counted using the equal sign contacts with an external switch.

If using a 3V supply then no current limiting R is needed with suitable drop on dtiver transistor saturation and RdsOn of 50R of CMOS driver on a PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back