HQS1312, 2-bit decimal counter and decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

4pyros

Most Helpful Member
Anyone know where I can get this chip as used in this kit?
**broken link removed**

Likely it is a programmed uC, not avail as parts from a Korean source.

The clue is a 30 Hz max counting rate. It could be any uC but the HQS is not a list prefix for any Mfg.

The 2 bit input is IN edge count and reset. The uC decodes the decimal count to two digit 7 segment LEDs.

Apparently the Buzzer goes on when it reaches 100 and the reset clears the buzzer.

I highly doubt anyone would sell the chip alone, so if you want it, buy the kit.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I think the chip will be a programmed microcontroller. You could achive the same thing using a PIC16F628 or an Atmel ATtiny2313. You would buy a blank chip and write the code to perform the counting function and display. This is an example of a tachometer function achived in this way.

Les.

I am looking for data on the chip to see if it could be used as a down counter too.
All the PIC counter schematics I have seen have current limiting resistors for the display and I am thinking this chip has a built in driver.

I have seen schematics of people not using current limiting resistors between the PIC and LED but it is not good practice.

Les.

In 1976 I designed a down counter and large LED display using an LED calculator and preset to any number then -1 and counted using the equal sign contacts with an external switch.

If using a 3V supply then no current limiting R is needed with suitable drop on dtiver transistor saturation and RdsOn of 50R of CMOS driver on a PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…