Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP QDS3-W997, LED Bar graph display

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyH42

Banned
I've got 4 of these, but need a data sheet to hook them up. Search Google, and every Data Sheet site I know. This is all I could find:

QDS3-W997, 2 VOLTS DC 1mm x 2mm RED AND GREEN CLEAR 40 LED BAR GRAPH-20 RED AND 20 GREEN LEDS MOUNTED ON A 20 PIN IC SOCKET (1/10" SPACING), $15.75

It only has 14 pins, row of 10 on one side, 4 on the other (2 on each end). Not sure what I pulled them from, but had them for years. I was looking for some 10 segment ones (eventually found), but got curious about these, especially after seeing the price

Sounds like a common LED array, use your multimeter in diode test mode to check it, most meters should cause red and green LED's to glow at least dimly (you'll need low lights)

Actually, I hooked it up to a tiny13, have it programmed to scann back and forth (knightrider). Every 4th dot is connected common to one of the 4 pins. I get both a red and a green dot, can't seem to separate them.

Would still like to find a data sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back