Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP 180A Oscilloscope problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean0101a

Hello, my 180A is having an issue with losing the trace. with no probes or signal, you can briefly see the horizontal trace (as it should be) for a split second after power on.

The beam-finder will sometimes bring it back for a split second also. All of the low voltage power board test points checked out OK on my multimeter.

If I provide a input signal (using the built in 10 VAC calibration to input A) and power-cycle, or press beam-finder, it will show the expected trace, again for a split second.

Turning up SCALE makes the CRT glow brightly as expected. I don't think it is a high voltage power issue, perhaps it is an issue with the sweep?
What could be causing this problem?

A visual inspection revealed no burnt out components, could it be a bad cap?

Thanks, I've been poring over it for the last 24 hours :>

I don't have equipment suitable to measure the high voltage test points, and I am still trying to narrow down what circuit or component is causing the problem.

I also thought it was nice of them to put it online.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back