Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How & where can I find a transfromer that matches this info

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIECO

Typ PT 1-00/15-2

prm 110v 60HZ 10VA

sek 15v 0.33A 15v 0.33A

(That is what is printed on the transformer)
I need some thing to replace it, can anyone help?
Thanks
Jay

"prm" = primary
"sek" = secondary

Hard to tell, but it looks like it has two secondaries, each 15 volts @ 0.33A. How many wires come out of it (or connections)?

Should be fairly easy to find something equivalent from an electronics supplier. (Depends on where in the world you are, of course.)

Or 30 * .33 is close to 10 VA too.

# of terminals for the secondary? If three then it's a centertapped transformer. If 4, then it's two windings you can use as you like.

I found this

FP30-200

6VA
Prm 115v

sek 15v .4A 15VA .4A

I was thinking I could use this but I will hve to go with 10VA or higher, yes or no? Or is this saying 6VA for only one side of the secondary so using both 12 would be 12VA?
If it is the total of both as the notes above then I should be able to use it.

This is the board with the two of them "PT 1-00/15-2, prm 110v 60HZ 10VA, sek 15v 0.33A 15v 0.33A" there are two of them

**broken link removed**

pdf for the one I hope a can replace it with.

https://system.netsuite.com/core/media/media.nl?id=6140&c=ACCT126831&h=480d0b681ba380f26ee6&_xt=.pdf

Last edited:
I'd say go for it. The primary is slightly different ~5%. The secondary currents are larger. The seconday currents matter. What you don't know is the efficiency of the xformer. The secondary currents matter most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back