Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use vinculum vdip2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.d

i'm new at using vinculum so can anyone guide me in using vdip2 or other vinculum products? i'm about to do a portable file transfer(flash drive to flash drive) module. if possible can i choose the files i want to transfer from the source disk to the destination..i'm planning to use a 16x4 lcd as display device for this module. one more thing..if you can give me alternative usb host controllers that you think is better for me to use..i would really appreciate it.

You should read the datasheet for the device, it contains all the information you require and example code for several applications is available directly from Viniculum.

Read the data sheet. All the information you need to implement both host and device interfaces is in the PDF and the source code is available from the Viniculum website.

dr.d

i have a project same with your project..is it possible connect the VDIP2 with PIC18f4550?

the VDIP2 connect with pic18f4550 and display at the 16x4 lcd

i'm still studying the module but my friend told me that the uart interface between the vinculum and the pic (the tx and rx pins) would play a big role about that. incase you find out how to do it can you share it with me danny? :)

i using pic18f4550
port c VDIP2
RTS connect to AD2
CTS AD3
RX AD1
TX AD0

i not sure correct or not!!
but dr.d i still confuse of how to make the file transfer. from USB A to USB B..do u have any idea?

choose the firmware that is suitable for file transferring if im not mistaken its the vdap firmware it can be downloaded in the vinculum web site..all other info about the vinculum are located in there too...

The capabilities of each firmware are listed in the PDF files for their chips.. Again, please actually FULLY read the PDF datasheet supplied.

vinculum

i am new to VDIP2 module.i want to view the pendrive details in lcd. i am using VDFC firmware. it support command monitor program in the vinculum ic. so when i give the command it will work as dos sytem. it will get user inetrface... please reply soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back