Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to understand the working one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjackal

well.here i am to ask that question that :
can we understand if the pic is working or not by not programming but having any electronic devices?i mean can we understand it by measuring the signals with avometer?
does the error about "verify failed at 000h!" means the microcontroller is burned or something?

It doesn't always mean that your uC is faulty. Most often you get this error if your programmer is faulty. If you are using a serial port based programmer that draws power from the port, then the chances of error are more. This is because all serial ports does not work at exactly +-13V as RS232 standard states. Mine works at +-10V. So if this is the problem, I guess your device is not programmed at all or may be some errorneous data is being written to it. Use good quality programmers.

well i measured mine its about 10.7 when there is nothing and when i plug the programmator its about 7.5.so is it because of this?
what should i do?

Its simple. Get a new good programmer that does not use power from your PC's port. :)

The problem is that RS-232 levels don't have to be fixed they can "float" about inside a region, the PICs need exactly 13v to program properly (some only 12v, others 5v). If you have a differn't computer (with differn't serial port) u might find it works less intermittently on that. (kinjagp is right get a new one!)

so i suppose there is a free cable for another device supply.dose it matter if i join it with my another 5v supply or can i give it with another adapter or something?is it possible to do this?
thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back