Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to type greek letters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me try the simple copy and paste so I can write 10 micro farads: 10μF. Hooray, it works but is a nuisance. Now 22 Ohms is 22Ω. Hooray it works again but now everything following it is in bold.

Let me try the simple copy and paste so I can write 10 micro farads: 10μF. Hooray, it works but is a nuisance. Now 22 Ohms is 22Ω. Hooray it works again but now everything following it is in bold.

Not in bold anymore AG, just by applying "B" top left above.

What are you copying and pasting from? The editor here recognizes and remembers the format of the text pasted. This can be a nuisance sometimes, but it's easy enough to fix. You can always click the eraser icon at the top right of the editor window to remove the formatting:

upload_2016-7-31_11-29-20.png

Or simply find a symbol to copy that is not in bold.

I will try to erase the bold on the Omega letter I found in this thread. 22 ohms is 22Ω. I cheated. I found the Greek letters here as I was entering this reply. 10μF also is from here.

Attachments

• Greek letters.png
    Greek letters.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 113
There are many more ways to type and character of any language (e.g. Win8)
[win]+[r] (=run)
charmap [enter] then click vertical on right down a few pages
or tick ADVANCED > in popup box Select >group by >scroll down>Greek<<
type sigma then search
View attachment 100638
but its much easier using the limited characters in the ETO toolbar

Yes Tony!

In WinXP makes part of System tools. Good to have a shortcut on your desk.

I will try to erase the bold on the Omega letter I found in this thread. 22 ohms is 22Ω. I cheated. I found the Greek letters here as I was entering this reply. 10μF also is from here.

Using the Omega menu here in the editor (as Eric and others have suggested) I am not getting any bold.

Ωμωβ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back