Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test GP1U52X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wowowee said:
i would like to ask if i can use pic instead of stamp1 in the schmematic of the link below? if so, what kind of pic and will there be changes in the circuit?

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/01/2002MAR01_RFD_ID_DA_AN50PDF-1.pdf

A STAMP is just a pre-programmed PIC, so of course you can use one.

However, it's a pretty poor project, limited because it uses a slow STAMP - by using a normal PIC you can easily generate the 38KHz in software - check my PIC IR tutorial.

Nigel Goodwin said:
A STAMP is just a pre-programmed PIC, so of course you can use one.

However, it's a pretty poor project, limited because it uses a slow STAMP - by using a normal PIC you can easily generate the 38KHz in software - check my PIC IR tutorial.

does it matter if i use the GP1U52X instead of the ir receiver that you used in your tutorial? you used pic16f84 for this, right?

wowowee said:
does it matter if i use the GP1U52X instead of the ir receiver that you used in your tutorial? you used pic16f84 for this, right?

No, I used the 16F628 - the chip that replaced the 16F84 last century - although MicroChip do seem to have re-introduced the F84 now (good business - sell a lower spec chip for lots more money!).

The IR receivers are pretty well the same, that one should work fine.

Nigel Goodwin said:
No, I used the 16F628 - the chip that replaced the 16F84 last century - although MicroChip do seem to have re-introduced the F84 now (good business - sell a lower spec chip for lots more money!).

The IR receivers are pretty well the same, that one should work fine.

i checked your tutorial and i can see you're using 16f628 for most of your circuits. i can still use the same circuit for f84, right? can i use the circuit to detect obstacle within the beamwidth of the ir?

Nigel Goodwin said:
The 16F84 should be fine!.

You could, but you might one to have a look at another of my websites?.

nice tutorial. honestly, i just need a circuit that can transmit and receive ir signal using pic and i think the ir schematic in your pic tutorial will be fine, right?

wowowee said:
nice tutorial. honestly, i just need a circuit that can transmit and receive ir signal using pic and i think the ir schematic in your pic tutorial will be fine, right?

Yes it will - but if you're trying to detect obstacles you need a a much lower transmit power (like the other site I posted).

Nigel Goodwin said:
Yes it will - but if you're trying to detect obstacles you need a a much lower transmit power (like the other site I posted).

okay. so i have to add a resistor? why does it need to be much lower?

wowowee said:
okay. so i have to add a resistor? why does it need to be much lower?

Because it's designed to send an IR remote control signal over 10m, not do short range obstacle detection - so you don't need a driver for the LED, just a resistor as in the other link I posted.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Because it's designed to send an IR remote control signal over 10m, not do short range obstacle detection - so you don't need a driver for the LED, just a resistor as in the other link I posted.

okay thanks a lot.

hi

i have problem with my transmitter and receiver circuit. This is my transmitter and receiver circuit diagram. Can someone give another or similar circuit diagram that can work and run correctly. Please. :(

Attachments

• receiver.jpg
    receiver.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 296
  • transmitter.jpg
    transmitter.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 378
mohd, start your own new thread with much more information and you will get more useful responses. Your diagrams don't have any values filled in and you haven't stated what it is that you're trying to do.

Nigel, I know this is an old thread, but one technique used for determining range with IR is to take advantage of the frequency response curve of the IR receiver while leaving the transmitter at the normal high power.

For example, a particular receiver which is sensitive at 38kHz is less sensitive at 40kHz, so the less sensitive frequencies represent shorter ranges. By transmitting through a range of frequencies while reading the response of the receiver, you can determine the distance of an object placed in front of the transmitter/detector pair.

If you're already familiar with this technique, then disregard, but i thought it may be useful for anyone reading this thread since it has been revived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back