Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simplify a circuit with timers and retentivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyCe

I've got an assignment to make a lifting bridge using LOGOsoft. So after a lot of effort I managed to get a somewhat efficient circuit but I'd like to know what steps are needed to make this into an algebraic equation and minimize it.

The bridge has 4 inputs and 4 outputs:

I1: Raise button (NO)
I2: Lower button (NC)
I3: Is fully raised (NC)
I4: Is fully lowered (NC)

Q1: Warning lights
Q2: Traffic barrier
Q3: Set motors to raise
Q4: Set motors to lower

These are the needed functionalities:

Raise:
Once the raise button (I1) is pressed, wait 2 seconds.
Flash lights (Q1) for 10 seconds (1Hz).
Keep lights (Q1) in and lower barrier (Q2) and wait 5 seconds.
Start motors (Q3) to raise the bridge until fully raised (I3).
Turn motors (Q3) off.

Lower:
Once the lower button (I2) is pressed, wait 2 seconds.
Start motors (Q4) to lower bridge until fully lowered (I4).
Wait 2 seconds and lower barrier (Q2)
Wait 5 seconds and turn off lights (Q1)

First I made a truth table for each output. E.g. the motors can't raise (Q3) the bridge if it's fully raised (I3).
These formulas for each output if I disregard the timers that need to be implemented:

Q1 = ~I4 ^ ~(I1 v I2 v I3)
Q2 = Q1
Q3 = I1 ^ ~(I2 v I3)
Q4 = I2 ^ ~(I1 v I4)

These equations represent the core for my circuit and work as I expect. The problem arises when I implement timers and retentivity. This can be built upon said core but I am clueless on how to represent this in algebra (see attached file: C.zip).

How do I represent my current circuit in algebra? Is it even possible? How do I minimize the circuit if I have the equation?

Attachments

• C.zip
    82.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 1651168899866.png
    1651168899866.png
    51 KB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back