Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to setup the protecting ATMega 162 using lock bit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maferic

Does anybody can help me how to setup the protection by using lock bit of ATMega 162 with the purpose of protecting it from copying or duplicating ?
Thanks

Do you have a programmer? Does its software not have a screen for choosing the lock bits?

yes i have a programmer but i have confuse which bit I must set for protecting the micro controller.

You set "LB". Your programmer should have a selection that says "Further programming and verification disabled". If you don't use the LPM instructions you can disable that one, too.

I already tried your suggestions, after enable "Further programming and verification disables" and I check to read the status, the status is correctly set. But when I tried to read the microcontroller why it is still can be read and also be program again (without erasing it first) ?

On page 12 of the manual, section 4.6, select mode 3. Then click on the icon "Program". Click on the icon "Verify".

after you read the code, you should look at the code with a hex editor. If it's locked you will see gibberish.

00010203040506....etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back