Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to send email from any email adress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

hello,
I found in my email adress in spam folder email from myself providing link to claim 100K cash in bitcoins.
lol
changed password immediately

hello,
I found in my email adress in spam folder email from myself providing link to claim 100K cash in bitcoins.
lol
changed password immediately

Why?.

It's trivial to spoof any 'from address' in an email program.

If you set your program to 'display all headers' you can see where it's actually come from, and the path it took.

I often send home emails from work, and 'spoof' the return address so the replies go to my home email.

Why?.

It's trivial to spoof any 'from address' in an email program.

If you set your program to 'display all headers' you can see where it's actually come from, and the path it took.

I often send home emails from work, and 'spoof' the return address so the replies go to my home email.
Ok thanks for info.
When i was at high school, my friend paste my email adress into survey that claims he win iphone for fun
Since that i am getting tons of erotic content in spam. Nice

I find that if I setup rules to move wanted subscribed content into a folder and then follow that by a rule that any email containing "unsubscribe" gets deleted works well.

Mike.

I repeatedly get an email "from myself" saying "Eat this --> Poop Daily" :D

Changing the password is pointless, the bot doesn't have to crack any passwords in order to send these emails and make them look like they're from someone you know (or even you).

I repeatedly get an email "from myself" saying "Eat this --> Poop Daily" :D

Changing the password is pointless, the bot doesn't have to crack any passwords in order to send these emails and make them look like they're from someone you know (or even you).
Thanks,
Nigel was right. There was two headers, mine and second from Chile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back