Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to select components?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatta

So I'm trying to do **broken link removed** mod to an old Atari computer. The guide tells me that I need, for instance, a 100pf ceramic capacitor. That should be easy enough, but when I go to order some capacitors, I have to specify a voltage and a tolerance too. How do I figure those values out?

Same goes for the resistors. OK, I need a 2.2ohm resistor. But what voltage and power rating do I need? It seems to me there must be an easy answer to these questions, or they'd have put it in the guide. What is it?

The 100pF capacitor isn't too critical so ≤20% should be all right.

There is no 2.2Ω reistor, it's 2.2k which is 2200Ω the tolerance is 5% (gold band) and ¼W carbon film should do as it there's nothing high powered in the circuit.

The 100pF capacitor isn't too critical so ≤20% should be all right.

What about the voltage?

There is no 2.2Ω reistor, it's 2.2k which is 2200Ω the tolerance is 5% (gold band) and ¼W carbon film should do as it there's nothing high powered in the circuit.

Are you sure? It says red-red-gold-gold, which this calculator tells me is 2.2Ω ± 5%. There are 2.2k resistors though. Also, what voltage would I need?

Thanks, these must be really basic questions, but I'm having trouble finding the information to figure it out myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back