Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to repair my microphone ? [pics and schematic included]

Status
Not open for further replies.

adqwdqw

My micro stopped working. I opened it and found this :
Can you give an opinion whats wrong and how to fix ?

hE3nMpI.jpg

AegTYnH.jpg

fBvkvua.jpg

uMZeOO7.jpg

Your schematic is not saying more about your problems.

If you think the problem is in your Mic then you need to change the Mic (I don't know it's dynamic or condenser or etc). Sometime we suffer from wire breaking problem very near the 3.5mm plug shown in schematic due to continuous bending wire. Check continuity of the wire (Mic to plug), if it's fine, replace another Mic and see.

The mics I use have the shield on the sleeve.
Then the two wires with signal are on the tip and ring.

I was thinking 1/4" jacks, because that is what I use.
Even the little "boom box" mics are wired "mono".
But I can see if the input is stereo how they should be wired like in post #1.

My cheap Chinese headset (Earpiece with Mic) for computer has same wiring as post #1. When I record audio in 'Adobe Audition' or 'Cool Edit Pro' sound editing softwares, I get L and R both audio. Sure, I get same audio (captured from Mic1) in L and same audio in R. If I wired as you did, then I can see the one channel has no audio, so that I just can listen audio in my one ear. That is how I knew how stereo effect heppens!

Last edited:
From post #1 we don't know what mic.
If it a PC sound card thing I agree with you. Or stereo mic. Probably stereo. ??
BUT
If it is anything not PC then that diagram is wrong.
XLR-stereojack.gif

In professional wiring the sleeve and ring can be shorted together.
Because we don't know............we don't know.

the desktop headset with mic can only record mono on both channels(paralleled)while the headphones are real stereo.
Thus perhaps except for line in jack, there is no stereo for mic.We can perhaps improvise stereo mic set up by making as shown by Ron.

A microphone input is for a single mono mic, not for a stereo mic. A stereo mic on a headset is made only for people who have two heads.
A headset with a mic has 4 connections, not just three: mic, left ear, right ear and ground.

A stereo mic on a headset is made only for people who.............
Who are politicians. "Speaks out of both sides of his mouth"

For non English speakers: Speaking out of both sides of your mouth = Say one thing to your right and say some thing different to your left. (Politicians)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back