Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to repair a damaged RAR archive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliwialosha

Hello,
How to repair a damaged RAR archive?
And most importantly - what? Size 3.63 GB
Tried to restore directly to winrar, but does not work! And so it was a lot of times! I doubt that even in winrar you can restore at least one damaged archive. May have any of the program?

I think that archives are repairable only when they are packed in a way that allows for that.

Hi. For Winrar to repair a damaged archive, it require that there is a recovery record included in that archive file. Unless you have that, there is almost no chance to recover any files located after the corrupted data.

The error you are having "this archive is either in unknown format or damaged" means the .rar archive is corrupted. You must repair the archive to resolve this error. Why don't you repair it with WinRAR? It is very simple and effective. Follow the steps shown below:
Open WinRAR > *click on *File tab > Open archive.
Select corrupt .rar archive and click on Open.
Now click on Tools tab > Repair archive.
Check "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" box and click on OK.
The select .rar archive will be repaired within a few seconds. But sometimes a corrupt archive can't be repaired with this technique if corruption is severe. In such situation you can try some third-party recovery apps for corrupt .rar archives. I will suggest you to use **broken link removed** to repair your corrupt .rar archive and to recover data from it. It also supports recovery of corrupt .zip, .tar, .tar.gz and 7z files. Try its free demo version first.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back