Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to remove noise in lm386 amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

electro fan

Hey im making an audio amp with lm386 i made it but there's a lot of noise what should i do adding a capacitor between pin 1 and 8 makes the noise more ???????

Adding the Capacitor Between Pins 1 & 8 Increases GAIN, so it will also Increase Noise.
If you do use this Capacitor, Also put in the Bypass Capacitor from pin 7 to Ground
If you Don't need the Extra Gain, Don't use that Capacitor from pins 1 to 8.

You should also have a 100uf Capacitor Between Pins 6 and 4.

If your Using this with HEADPHONE, you should have a RESISTOR In SERIES with the Headphones to Reduce Power and Noise.
For 8 Ohm Headphones a 100 Ohm Resistor is good.
For 32 Ohm Headphones a 390 Ohm Resistor is good.

Hi EF,

The LM386 is not normally noisy, so it sounds like there is a problem with your circuit. Noise can indicate that the LM386 is oscillating.

spec

Noise is vague.
50 or 60 hz hum?
high frequency hiss?
The noise is probably acid rock or RAP "music".
Maybe the input is a microphone and the sound goes around and around due to acoustical feedback howling.
Maybe the volume control is turned up too high causing severe clipping distortion.
Maybe the battery is almost dead and causes severe distortion on peaks or motorboating noise.
I wonder why the noise was not described?

RAP is a guy whose ancestors came from Africa, reading a book in a nasal voice with a boom-boom beat in the background. Just noise.
Did I say what I think about Country Hee-Haw music or an electric geetar that has severe fuzz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back