Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to read research paper, textbook, long text content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can read less text content easily. my way of reading it is to make slides of all those texts and learn from the slides.

But I have issue with reading huge huge texts as you know in this case it will require too much time when I do this. Is there way to simplify this reading style?

eg-: of sth that I want to read is this.

https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/en//archive/gfs-sosp2003.pdf

It takes me 45 minutes to read 3 paragraph and comprehend it at least.

If I go that way, you can imagine, how long it takes me to read a research paper. Probably a week to read a research paper lol. Even reading articles in internet is a hassle for me if they are longer. If I just read what I need to learn it is easy as it will be few paragraphs but if I have to learn sth else long it is pain to me as I can't do it timely manner.

Are there any udemy courses that teach how to read textbooks for university students that you are aware of?

A research paper doesn't need to be read sentence by sentence. You starts by reading the Abstract, and if it was not really related to your work, then just drop it.
If you are only interested in part of it, say its implementation, then skim though the theory part and read the implementation.

Also if you decide to dig into a paper, maybe you can find a blog post, a talk or a presentation given by the author elsewhere on this topic, which is usually helpful to understand the research.

I usually finish reading 3 papers within 40 minutes if it's just slightly related to my work, and if the relationship is high enough, spending a whole week onto it is possble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back