Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to read N-E-Mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serge 125

Hi all

Ok I have this little electronic checking gadget that you can get from China (see photo) and when I check my N-E-Mosfet I get these values BUT when I look at the data sheet I don't see the values that the little gadget gives. For example; The N-E-Mosfet that I have gives these 2 readings on the gadget 1; C = 4.61 NF 2; VT = 3.1 V . Now when I look at the data sheet I don't see C and VT and even NF. So what must I look for on a data sheet with this gadget values?? THANKS!!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 127
Gee it would be nice to have a list that would translate this!! I just checked for a NPN and diff reading than the mosfet. I have hFE and uf that I (again) can't find on a data sheet.

Capacitance is difficult to measure accurately especially those low value ranges. Best to go with the Data Sheet if you have it. I would be surprised if it were possible to identify parts at all using that device. Do MOSFET's even have an hFE ie gain?

Capacitance is difficult to measure accurately especially those low value ranges. Best to go with the Data Sheet if you have it. I would be surprised if it were possible to identify parts at all using that device. Do MOSFET's even have an hFE ie gain?

No, but he never suggested they did - the Hfe was for an NPN transistor.

However, these devices are EXTREMELY capable, and incredibly useful - they certainly do their best to tell you what the device is, and easily and accurately determine device type across a wide range of components.

They are so cheap and useful there's no excuse not to have one (or more than one :D), and the kits are fun to build as well - I think I have four or so?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back