Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to read data from Floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewelaub

Dear Folk,
I want to read data from any 3.5" floppy through floppy drive using microcontroller. I can't find the communication protocol in the internet or any other related projects. If any of you have idea about this, please let me know and help me. I will be thankful to you.

Regard.

jewelaub said:
Dear Folk,
I want to read data from any 3.5" floppy through floppy drive using microcontroller. I can't find the communication protocol in the internet or any other related projects. If any of you have idea about this, please let me know and help me. I will be thankful to you.

Don't even consider it - it's too difficult, as micro-controllers don't have enough RAM to hold the data - there are MUCH better (and far easier) options, such as SD cards.

Boss, I need it really. I know this is very old technology But I need it seriously. Please help me providing proper idea and support.
Thank you

jewelaub said:
Boss, I need it really. I know this is very old technology But I need it seriously. Please help me providing proper idea and support.
Thank you

I've already told you the situation, if you want to try and do it?, then feel free to try.

However, you might try consulting the PICList archive - it was discussed in depth many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back