Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to offset the voltage of a load cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

msquaredd

Hello everyone,

I'm building a circuit to amplify the output value of a load cell with an OpAmp (the AD623). For my application I need to offset the voltage though:
When the amplified cell value would be -2.5V V I want it to be 0V, when it's 0V I want it to be 2.5V and when it's +2.5V I want it to be 5V. So, basically, I need a +2.5V offset applied on the output voltage of the OpAmp since I'll have to feed it to an arduino board (arduino can't read negative voltages).

My question is, how do I obtain this offset in parctice?

Hopefully, I made myself clear.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cheers.

Last edited:
you Can apply 0 and 5 Volts to your load cell as an alternative to +/-2.5 if practical. If not, you can use an op amp, or ideally, an instrumentation amp with a 2.5v bias on the -input

Look at page 18 of the AD623 data sheet, the section about REFERENCE TERMINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back