Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to modify the amplitude of a PIC16F88 digital output???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve311

Hi All; I am working with a project where the output changes with respect to frequency and duty cycle, and I would also like to modify the outputs in such a way to vary the amplitude of these signals (ideally with no external crcuitry).

What would be the best approach for this?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi All; I am working with a project where the output changes with respect to frequency and duty cycle,
and I would also like to modify the outputs in such a way to vary the amplitude of these signals (ideally with no external crcuitry).

What would be the best approach for this?

Thanks,
Steve
There is no way to change the amplitude of a PIC output bit without external circuitry. The bits are digital and you are asking for analog. It is possible to combine several PIC bits and create a simple DAC using resistors. Wikipedia
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**Or you could use a digital pot like the ones sold by Microchip as one leg of a voltage divider.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back