Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How To Modify Model Train Controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been so long since you started the post I've forgotten what the aim was, but your right there will be a V drop across the const current source, and that will affect the minimum o/p voltagem dont forget though if your using a darlington it will drop 1.2V itself, so your 2V becomes 0.8v, and you could always bodge this a little putting a diode in series with the o/p dropping it another 0.6V and protecting the transistor.

The ad654 looks like an interesting device, never used one of those.
Heres a link to a calc for the 4046 vco if you need another option, one benefit is it has a programmable minimum frequency:
https://www.changpuak.ch/electronics/calc_03.php

Hi dr,
I'm pretty ok with the dc voltage controller aspect of this project thanks to the like's of yourself and others so can I invite you to look at a new thread I hope to write later today with respect to very low frequency voltage to freq. convertor?
The plot thickens but I hope you will consider it of interest as it unfolds!
Willy

Yup certainly will, progress is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back