Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to manage/control different calibration values for different truck models at end of line manufacturing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jani12

We have hydraulic steering system with small motor atop it.

This system will be mounted in about Five truck models. All truck models will have same steering software but different values for calibration parameters. Supplier will deliver steering ECUs to OEM manufacturing with steering software and calibration parameters programmed in the ECU.

For any reason, if we need to adjust calibration parameters at End of Line, we need to find a way to manage or control different calibration values for different vehicle models. For example, at end of line, parameters must be re-programmed in the truck they are intended for. what are some options for managing this?

VIN lookup. That will [or should, if the details have been entered correctly] give the exact vehicle being worked on; make, model, engine type, transmission type etc. etc.

VIN lookup. That will [or should, if the details have been entered correctly] give the exact vehicle being worked on; make, model, engine type, transmission type etc. etc.

Are you sure the VIN would insure that any two vehicles are exactly the same in all
aspects or just basic levels .....?

Regards, Dana.

I didn't provide this information in my OP: All same model trucks will have unique calibration values. This means we can do model lookup?
What would be the flow of our End of Line (EOL) program? For example, there would be menu with Five model numbers. User would select model number. Then, how will EOL program select one of Five calibration files for re-flashing in the ECU.
Could you provide EOL program flow ?

From VIN, we can determine truck model. All trucks with same model will have unique calibration set.

Are you sure the VIN would insure that any two vehicles are exactly the same in all
aspects or just basic levels .....?

The VIN is a unique key to the manufacturers vehicle information database, it's not the VIN itself that contains the information.

The manufacturer can store the original and any updated (prior to shipping) calibration info each each unique vehicle / VIN.

eg. Ford provide a VIN linked free download service that can list the exact installed options and allow you to download the full original "As built" data set for every vehicle manufactured, to allow it to be totally returned to the spec it was when it left the factory, regardless of what modules have been replaced.

I grabbed the stuff for my Mondeo as soon as I got the car - a full config backup.

This link may only work for USA models..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back