Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDT

Here is the problem....
I need to have a wireless push button setup...That when pressed completes a circuit at a box 200ft away.

-------| |---------
(Open Circuit when not pressed)

-------|---|--------
(Completed When Pressed)

Sounds simple...but anyone have good thoughts on how I should go about this? (newbie here)

Thanks....

this is extremely hard lol... i've been trying and asking on here for weeks....

if you get anywhere let me know

daviddoria said:
this is extremely hard lol... i've been trying and asking on here for weeks....

if you get anywhere let me know

Yeah it hasn't exactly been the easiest thing for me to find a way of doing...hehe sure seems like it should be easy. If I find anything out will be sure to let you know.

Later.......

There was a post right here several months ago for a simple RF remote control. I even commented that I wanted to build one when I had the time. I have been searching since david started his car project with no luck. Anyone remember this gem?

I presume that you want the circuit closed when the button is pressed and the circuit to open when you take your finger off the button.

One way - use one of the simple FM transmitters that have been described here with an audio oscillator that is moderately stable. That's the transmitter portion. Use a low cost FM receiver at the other end and build a simple tone decoder - I recall one circuit that uses a 567 (I think, will verify) as the decoder - use earphone jack to connect to decoder. Output of decoder to close relay (possibly via transistor switch).

For more stability and reliability get a pair of FRS radios in place of FM transmitter and receiver - play tone via small speaker into microphone. Connect earphone jack on other to input of 567 decoder.

The use of the FM radio or FRS stuff isn't build from scratch but lifts some of the electronics burden until you've proven that this will work.

For more reliable control you could use DTMF encoder and similar decoder on other end. Lots of amateur radio stuff on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back