Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a XLR audio socket hot swappable

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonW

Dear Folks,

I have been given the task to try an implement a way to make a semi or full hot swappable XLR socket.

My inital thoughts would be to have a DPST switch to isolate the mic wires , then a user can take out MIC.

I get the feeling that I need to have balancing RC network to not upset the system?

In my previous thread you kindly suggested a muting circuit, which worked a treat...... THANKS !!
But now it is a requirement that mic be taken out.

Thanks in advance.

I guess the simplest muting circuit would be a resistor switched across the input to eliminate (or at least reduce) the "thump" caused by yanking a mike out of a socket, or plugging it in. Probably still wouldn't be absolutely silent, though.

Sorry for the lack of info

one socket is a tie clip electret type microphone, the other socket is a dynamic type

Last edited:
You really do not want to do that! Build/buy a small x-fade circuit with individual mic gain presets (and possibly vox operation). E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back