Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a I guess push pull output with a lm358

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

I was trying to make a 1 volt output something like this
Amp1.png

With a lm358 not much luck I would use the above but not much luck with finding the chip used where i can get one fast enough.

1 volt output
Really one volt? How much current?
--edited--
There are a number of logic families that work with a supply of 1 volt. example: NC7SV04P5X I think with a little digging you can build it with tiny logic that runs at a supply in the 1 to 3.3 or 1 to 5.0 volt range.
NC7SV14P5X and a RC makes the oscillator.

Last edited:
The IV-3A VFD tube from what i found Heating voltage: 0,7 … 1 V at 50 ma
I used a 1.5 volt battery which worked but I read it will mess the tube up I found this going to try it out
vfdfilamentdriver.png

Last edited:
The IV-3A VFD tube from what i found Heating voltage: 0,7 … 1 V at 50 ma
I used a 1.5 volt battery which worked but I read it will mess the tube up I found this going to try it out
View attachment 121648

Well having repaired countless items using such displays, the centre-tapped transformer is pretty well what's ALWAYS used.

However, hopefully you're not wanting it to last for a long time?, as those displays seem to wear out pretty quickly - it's rare to see one that's decently visible after a few years.

You could probably use a Lm358 circuit with outboard darlingtons as pass transistors, though you'll need fairly big heatsinks
A transformer would be betterer.

I was trying to make a 1 volt output something like this
With a lm358 not much luck I would use the above but not much luck with finding the chip used where i can get one fast enough.

Why worry about the speed?, it's only a heater - there were usually two different options used in commercial designs (back when VFD's were used), one was similar to post #3, and was essentially a DC-AC converter 'bodged on' when it had to be powered from a single DC rail. The other, was less of an after thought, and simply used an extra tapped winding on the 50/60Hz mains transformer - so only fed the heater with 50/60Hz.

The only reason for using high frequencies was simply so the DC-AC converter could use a small cheap transformer.

As you've found, DC works fine, but isn't recommended as it reduces the already short life of the display.

BTW, the reason for the tapped windings is so you can provide the correct bias for the display on the centre tap.

I made a transformer last night going to try it out hopefully to night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back