Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a current transformer core

Status
Not open for further replies.

urc

Does anyone know the best source of information on how to make a core for a small current transformer?
What I know so far:
1. the steel is M4 grain oriented silicon iron alloy. (where do you get this?)
2. it must be annealed in a hydrogen atm. (who makes these ovens?)
3. it must be dipped in epoxy or varnish. (what is this stuff?)
Thank you for your help.

1. You might start with Phillips. They make cores, although I never looked up your particular material.

2. No idea.

3. What is epoxy? Wy, it's just a type of plastic that electrically insulates the coil.

Last edited:
1. What frequency 60/50hz or 100khz? This makes a difference.
3. This is an insulator that is sprayed on or dipped on much like the insulator on magnet wire.

please i need a circuit diagram for an audio amplifier...i need it for my home theater system speakers

please i need a circuit diagram for an audio amplifier...i need it for my home theater system speakers

You already have a another thread open for this topic, please dont hijack another OP's thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back