Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make 24V high current DC power suppply...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with 4pyros.

It would also be useful to know the application.

Since we're talking slightly more than a 1/2 horsepower need, why are you using a DC, rather than an AC, motor?

Hi,

its DC motor of 6-36V .5HP for robotic purpose...the wt of motor is 2-2.54kg( i will post the pic of motor as it is placed in college).

Is this an autonomous (on-board powered) robot? Or does it have external (fixed) power? And are there other significant power requirements?
Obviously, if on-board powered, batteries are your only option, with some manner of a fixed charger for use when the robot is quiescent. If external, then the battery charger option will work.
One last question: If the robot is on-board powered, what will be the duty cycle, i.e., how long will the motor need full power?

Anyway this is the task of robot on which person is sitting.....
[update] The motor No-load RPM is 3000..!!

hi Ritesh,
The suggested motor size was discussed in a previous thread of yours some time ago.

For that project a motorised bicycle motor would be OK.

hi Ritesh,
The suggested motor size was discussed in a previous thread of yours some time ago.

For that project a motorised bicycle motor would be OK.

Hi again,
We have already buy a motor which is giving 3,000RPM art no load work on 6-30V PMDC motor...

Hi again,
We have already buy a motor which is giving 3,000RPM art no load work on 6-30V PMDC motor...

hi,
As we also discussed, its necessary to have gearing for speed reduction in order to have effect torque at the LOW man carrier speed of 3km/hr. [I did watch your video of the competition and the robots are not fast]
There are a number of options, gears, belts etc.

Please help on that mechanical part it is going very complicated for us...!!
what will be better..?

What is the diameter of the driving wheel that is contact with the ground.???

How many of the wheels in contact with the ground do you plan to drive with the single motor.??

Hi,

What is the diameter of the driving wheel that is contact with the ground.???
I think the diameter of tire is 12inch or 15inch near by..!!

How many of the wheels in contact with the ground do you plan to drive with the single motor.??
I don't thing so that one motor can do that task, so we are using two motors at back and two free wheel in front..!!

Assume a robot speed of 3.6km/hr thats 1mtr/sec, so say 1mtr/3.14 =0.318 [12.5inch]diameter wheel turning 1 rev/sec.

So the gear down ratio for max torque will be high, say 3000rpm motor thats 50 rev/sec... so the gear will be VERY approx 50:1

Hi again,

The mechanical part is difficult for me .....
please just give information about the design of gear or belt system drawing ..........

Viewed video. Obviously a battery situation for manual or autonomous.

Therefore a charger situation. No way around it.

If you use 2 KW, you'll have to recharge 2 KW. Size the charger(s) accordingly.

So what exactly is this motor doing in the robot?

A half Hp is an awfull lot of mechanical power.

Here is a place I buy stuff from fairly often. They have gearboxs, transaxels and loads of mechaincal things that may make your design work a whole lot simpler and eaiser!
https://www.surpluscenter.com/home.asp

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but seems like this thread has drifted a bit from its topic.

Is that generally OK?

As you can see, I'm new to the site, and don't know a great deal about what constitutes "acceptable" form. And I sure don't want to step on any toes...

Deleted.

If you have any complaints about Forum Moderation contact ElectroMaster or use the Report Post option button.

You have been warned regarding discussing Moderation matters on the Forums.

Moderation: E

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back