Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to load embedded linux distribution into SD card from windows computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jani12

Let's say following Yocto project image or embedded linux distribution was created by using remote virtual linux box from windows computer:

Image Name: fsl-image-validation-imx
Target: Builds an i.MX image with a GUI without any Qt content.

Please refer to section 5.2 in attached i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf

The created filename that needs to be loaded in Secure Digital(SD) card is: fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8qxpmek-20190904151816.rootfs.sdcard
This file has been copied from linux virtual box to windows computer.

How do I load this file into SanDisk Ultra 8GB class 10 SDHC card using my windows computer?

After successful load, this SD card will be inserted into NXP i.MX 8QuadXPlus Multisensory Enablement Kit(MEK) evaluation board to boot embedded linux kernel.

What do I need to know about SD card in order to successfully load image into it from my windows computer. Do I need to format SD card first? I'm familiar
with formatting hard disk but never formatted SD card? Do I need to create partitions? In hard disk partitions are created to load different OS in each partition. what
about SD card?

Hard disk internal structure consists of tracks and sectors. Do I need to know SD card structure for successfully loading image into it from windows computer?

Attachments

• i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf
    316.5 KB · Views: 173
Why don't you simply google it? - it would have taken a LOT less time than typing your question in, there are numerous examples of how to do exactly what you want, and links to the free software required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back