Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to install red blinking LED in a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easier than this... Connect the LED + wire to a constant power source, the - one to a switched one (acc, ignition whatever). You will find both in your car radio harness, or at the ignition switch. Yes the resistor in series is important.

In the past I wasn't a fan of those LED holder (call it whatever you want). In fact I can't remember having installing any. Instead I was just drilling a clean hole (usually with a UniBit step drill bit), then mount the LED behind. This allow to adjust the depth or mount it flush. You can use hot glue to secure it at the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back