Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to increase output power of 40mzh transmitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwvanhorssen

hi,

I'm looking for a circuit to increase the output power of a 40mhz AM transmitter. It's for an rc-model transmitter. Does anyone have an idea or circuit to realize this?

Thanx in advance
Marcel

The complicated way would be fitting a higher power final amplifier stage, but that might also contravene some regulations and likely cause interferance.
The easier way would be to fit a higher gain antenna if what you got now is the usual telescopic rod.
Are you sure its AM? I thought most of these RC's transmit FM signals nowadays.
Klaus

I've no idea weather it's AM or FM, but the power increment should only be about +/- 100mW. The complete "transmitter" consists of 2 transistors and a x-tal of 40MHz. The signal output is very, very low, so the r/c car which is controlled, can only drive up to 4 meters away, then it stops....
The circuits I found, mostly handle about real power amplifiers for higher frequencies.
btw, Thanx for your reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back