Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get lots of PCBs made cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi,
We have the attached folder of 2 sided PCBs to get manufactured in the qtys stated. No Web Quote Trawler like PCBshopper does bargain hunting for more than one PCB...how do we get the cheapest deal to get all these made?

Attachments

• Layouts to manufacture.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 182
Just go to any of the Chinese manufacturers, excellent quality, excellent prices, and fast delivery - personally I use JLCPCB, and would highly recommend them.

I've currently got 1200 PCB's in transit from them.

However, your quantities are very small, but it's cheaper to get 5 small boards from JLCPCB than one from many other places..

I just took a quick look at your boards – looks like they are all less than 100mm × 100mm.

Mamy of the Chinese fabs will charge $5 for a lot of 5 or 10 double-sided boards of 100mm × 100mm or less. Even with your 8 boards, THIS IS CHEAP.

Probably not useful in your case, but you could also panelize the boards. Elecrow for one does not charge extra for v-scoring with one design on a panel. Instead of 5 boards for $5, you could get 5 panels with 10 or more boards on each that snap apart. FOR THE SAME PRICE.

Note: you can create a panel with different designs on it, but the up-charge from Elecrow is more than $5 per design, so it makes no sense to do so.

20220511_100612.jpg

personally I use JLCPCB
Me two. They are putting parts on a board right now. I pay $20 for 3 day DHL shipping. I was paying that for Fedex for shipping 50 miles. There is a way to get several orders in the same box but it is probably not worth the headache. I have to pay about the same shipping no matter where the boards are made.

I too use JLC. But if you're panelizing boards, Elecrow is the first choice as there is no upcharge for panelizing a single design. JLC has an upcharge based on the number of boards on a panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back