Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get LED blog visible to google

Status
Not open for further replies.
With out sorting LEDs you will loose production batches. Been there! Fixed that.
We use 12,000,000 LEDs a year last I checked. In the products with 3 LEDs in parallel the failure rate is extremely low.

Attachments

• led bulb3.jpg
    led bulb3.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 257
your failure rate is low.
But the report I linked to tells why failure rates can be low with paralleled leds

https://ledsinparallel.wordpress.com/

..page 22 tells of this

....oh, I just saw your picture.......those are sub 50mA LEDs, not power leds as such, things are different in the sub 50mA world.....specially if you drive them with low current near the knee.

(......I am wondering if you are doing leds for some kind of aiming device.....perhaps some type of measuring device....?..perhaps theaiming device for a thermal sensor etc?)

Last edited:
My cite is human nature.
The Western Entrepreneurs know how to make a quick buck.
They know they can pay the Far East low bucks and get it done.
Think about this.

No, that's your opinion. The one thing you have true is the cost of labor in the Far East is less expensive than in the West.

As far as your question, to get noticed on the search engines you need to research about SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

You might want to submit your writing to an electronics magazine to see if they would publish your work. I would address the issues already brought up before submitting it though.

I might do that...but I fear I am too late....I went to a big major lighting company, and he showed me a led panel light pcb.....it was 8 parallel strings of 8 leds-in-series. No current limitation in each string, just one current source feeding all.....and each led was a good 2 inches away from the nearest neighbour...so thermal coupling was practically non-existent......this was a huge major company.....and he showed me that pcb........it was a large pcb, so large it was bendy, and i could not see thermal vias, unless there were some under the leds.
-these guys get a few prototypes appearing to work and think its all plain sailing thereafter..............but why , when led foundrys could make a fortune from parallel led banks being sold, each containing multiple leds like that, then why doesn't any single led foundry anywhere in the world recommend that kind of parallel led operation?

why doesn't any single led foundry anywhere in the world recommend that kind of parallel led operation?

You'll need to write them.

Why should they? The engineer can figure out how many to add in parallel or in series-parallel to fit their needs and they don't need the LED foundry to tell them any more than they already do.

So, with all your talk about parallel LEDs, have you addressed the problems that could be associated with that connection?

You do realize that series resistance and LEDs have been around the last 40 years in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back