Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get LED blog visible to google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
If someone types "LEDs in parallel" into google, I would like them to get directed to this blog....do you know how to do this?

That is too common search. I don't think you have any chance getting the blog anywhere near the first page results. There are too many pages about how to connect leds in parallel.

It would be smarter to start that blog with a good short introduction article that summarizes the main point. Then add new blog entry every day to go into specific details and topics.. etc. This way you have an active blog that you can advertise (somehow). Also you need to keep the appearance "professional". Now it is very sloppy. This is very bad for the credibility of your text. The page is good if you use it as a reference when you talk to people in forums etc. But, if the intention is to "spread a message", then your strategy is very poor. If somebody is looking for info about LEDs in parallel (through google) and they end up in your blog, I don't think they will spend more than 15 seconds reading that text.

Last edited:
That is too common search. I don't think you have any chance getting the blog anywhere near the first page results. There are too many pages about how to connect leds in parallel.

Not only that, but using a crappy web address gives it no credibility - and considering he's presumably recently been a student?, his report writing skills leave much to be desired.

Not only that, but using a crappy web address gives it no credibility - and considering he's presumably recently been a student?, his report writing skills leave much to be desired.

Wordpress is considered to be the best blogging site/platform there is. And it is the most popular. So I don't think the address is crappy. Maybe not great, but ok at least. The address does not take away the credibility, but the sloppy content does.

I think a smart thing to do would be to start from the basics. What is an LED and how to connect them series and parallel etc. Then add more advanced topics.. What kind of circuit the industry uses today. Then go into the problems that LEDs and LED circuits have.. and then provide your own solutions and show why they are better. This way you could maybe get high in Google search (if the opening is great for beginners). This takes time, but I think that is what it takes if you want to do it for free. You need to "lure" people in to read your articles. Not to force your opinions in their face.

Last edited:
Compare your LED article to this article about bad USB chargers: https://www.righto.com/2012/10/a-dozen-usb-chargers-in-lab-apple-is.html

Your article just says:
"If you wish to know more about putting LEDs in parallel without using current equalisation circuitry, then it could be worth talking to some of the LED manufacturers"
.. Then you have a long list of manufacturers.
Why don't you test them and show that they are bad or good. That test should be the real content of that article!

you cannot test every future batch of leds that you will ever receive.....only a crystal ball can tell you when that dodgy batch of leds is due to drop in.

I have never seen another "leds in parallel" of the content quality which I provided here.

Lots of get-rich-quick managers are wanting leds in parallel now......they need to see this article........the Far Easterners can do leds in parallel , because they augment the leds with extra added resistance......the west don't do this because the companies that make the lamps don't have anything to do with the led foundrys....in the Far East, the government owns 'em all, and can get them to coordinate with each other.

The Western Get Rich Quick Gaffers need to see my report.

Maybe it is the way the title is indexed:
upload_2013-11-23_19-28-40.png

The only way I got that easily was to search for ledsinparallel (no spaces) + wordpress.

Your first line:
upload_2013-11-23_19-32-48.png

While one may expect Google not to be bothered by such misspellings (no spaces), maybe it messed up in this case. It is probably worth checking in another month. Anyway, this thread is indexed, soyourpurposemayhavebeenaccomplishedafterall.

John

you cannot test every future batch of leds that you will ever receive.....only a crystal ball can tell you when that dodgy batch of leds is due to drop in.
This is the job of a production engineer. The design engineer should have foreseen this and designed for it. Engineering deal with 'worse case' conditions. Statistics deals with how often 'dodgy batches' appear. Accounting knows how much a 'dodgy' product costs and compares the cost of a good product. The boss (or some one) has to make the decision; is it better to through away 1% of the production OR to add a $ and only loose 0.1%. The decision maker (some times me) will have to live with it for years.

My crystal ball is next to my laptop. It is not clear but it is there.

The Far Easterners are laughing all over their faces....because the West is trying to copy their doing of parallel leds, without realising that the Far East are adding resistance to the leds.......don't get me wrong, its certain western entrepreneurs who are asking the Far Easterners to do this for them.

I went to a big western lighting place, and they were doing a big panel light using eight parallel strings of eight leds in series (only one overall current source, and no limiting resistors in the led strings)...........they had poor thermal coupling as the leds were so far apart.......they don't realise that just because some prototypes appear to work fine, that doesn't mean it can't go wrong.

In this day and age, "peer reviewed" seems to have lost its importance relative to uninformed and often wrong opinions on sources such as Ask.com. Nevertheless, when I do a search for the sort of things that interest me, the first section presented by Google is often "Scholarly articles on ..."

Maybe the solution to Flyback's quandary is to publish a scholarly article on the subject of paralleled LED's, rather than simply posting an opinion is something clearly identified as a blog?

John

The Far Easterners are laughing all over their faces....because the West is trying to copy their doing of parallel leds, without realising that the Far East are adding resistance to the leds.......don't get me wrong, its certain western entrepreneurs who are asking the Far Easterners to do this for them.

I went to a big western lighting place, and they were doing a big panel light using eight parallel strings of eight leds in series (only one overall current source, and no limiting resistors in the led strings)...........they had poor thermal coupling as the leds were so far apart.......they don't realise that just because some prototypes appear to work fine, that doesn't mean it can't go wrong.
Yes but I bet they did the studys and found its not cost effective to try and reduce the failure rate any further.
It would make the lamp so expensive no one would buy it.
In today's disposable society cost is king, not reliability.

I am confused. I thought Mr. FlyBack, weeks ago, liked the idea of parallel LEDs. That was going to sweep the industry. AND Now it is not OK.

I like arguing for both sides. Politics, Religion, Economy.........

Trying to get more traffic to this thread. ??
Maybe I can get my likes to a higher number than my messages........I'm not that likable.

Where is your cite for such a ridiculous statement?

My cite is human nature.
The Western Entrepreneurs know how to make a quick buck.
They know they can pay the Far East low bucks and get it done.
Think about this.

You have to light 120 LEDs and must keep the overall voltage below 60V so that you can have a cheap luminaire enclosure...........120 LEDs has a total of about 380V.......so you are going to need multiple parallel strings.....are you going to spend money putting a current source driver in each individual string?

No, you will just make up LEDs with added internal resistance, and shove them in parallel, with no external current limitation circuitry needed. This is the cheapest way,and nobody will know its been done.......the competitors who use external limiting resistors will have a more expensive circuit, so will not be able to compete.

Just look how many lamps and led tube replacements use leds in parallel with no current limiting circuitry, and barely any thermal coupling between the leds.......We all know that this is severely bad practice, and is only possible because "resistance enhanced" leds have been used.

There is no other explanation.........normal leds cannot be paralleled without good thermal coupling or current limitation circuitry.......thermal runaway in paralleled leds is a positive feedback process......it is just not possible to do parallel leds with no current limiting circuitry, and poor thermal coupling, unless the leds have been "doctored". This is physics, and I know that you will understand me....so it is the principle of physics that I cite.

ok but I think weve been through this before, even matching vf leds, have slight differences, and because of the positive feedback nature of thermal runaway, a small difference can build up and away.......also, even if the leds start out with a great match, they will each age differently, and the differences will emerge, and thermal runaway will start..................those who are not using 'doctored ' leds will loose there entire production batch, there customers will not like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back