Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get it in??

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamaraj

Hi i'm making an ultrasonic range meter. **broken link removed**
ad i am using mplab to make the asm into a hex file. I'm fine upto there.But now how do i get that hex into the chip.
the pic being used is PIC16F873 so any emulators in particular??
thnx for the help :D

Ok, so you got your asm file converted into hex, what you need now is a programmer to "blow" the hex into the pic........

look here:

for a suitable programmer, you can either buy/build it.......email him he's quite helpful.

the programmer runs from the serial port, you can download the software for it too or else use ic-prog, which is what I use..

HTH Chip

thnx for the reply.i had a look and well did get quite alot.Can i use any programmer or does it have to be specific

there are basically 2 types of programmer.....Serial based and parallel based.......this refers to the port connection on your pc.

The Pony Prog device uses the serial port........and his software.

Icprog is suitable for both serial and parallel programmers but care is needed to ensure compatability........

There is other software available as hardware too......depends what you want and what you want to do with it...........personally I have several programmers, some commercially produced and others I've built myself.......
Happy hunting 8)

The type of the programmer also somtimes refers to how the PIC is programmed, some PICs can be programmed in a Parallel fasion, while most are programmed in a serial manner, its best that you check the datasheet of the PIC you wish to use. From memory i think the 873 is programmed in a seriel manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back