Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find the hot resistance of an incandescent bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.
using current and voltage is a more flexible method, for instance measuring the resistance of a forward biased semiconductor junction at a given current, since the junction resistance is nonlinear...

Just remember,the voltage across and the current through. Remember to not use the same meter. i.e do not meaure current with your DVM and then remove it to measure voltage.

Just remember,the voltage across and the current through. Remember to not use the same meter. i.e do not meaure current with your DVM and then remove it to measure voltage.
The error from doing that should be small.

I'm planning to use a couple of sets of these incandescent bulbs in my homemade high voltage power supply made of a rectified microwave oven transformer. I figure I could install a couple of sockets in series with the primary and secondary's and swap out the bulbs as needed for current limiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back