Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to find footprint???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunrise779

HI, I am looking footprint for 74LS90, 74LS48 and LN07402, if anyone knows how to find it, can u please let me know, thakx alot.

By footprint do you mean the mechanical dimensions? If so, they should be in the datasheets, which can be easily obtained with a simple google search!

You should not build circuits without looking at the datasheets for the ICs.
The datasheets tell you everything about the ICs. Even the "footprints".

They are all standard DIP packages, just use the standard footprint provided with your PCB CAD software.

Just in case your PCB layout program is a pile of electronic data junk:

The "footprint" of standard DIL packages is always the same. Pin distance 0.1inch(2.54mm) distance between pin rows 0.3inch (7.62mm).

Make the pad size 0.063inch (1.6003mm) and the drill 0.0314inch (0.8mm). That way you can safely route a trace of 0.0175inch (0.4mm) through two IC pins. (I prefer traces of 0.3mm (0.0112inch)) The shape should be octagon.

Regards

Boncuk

Last edited:
sunrise779 said:
PCb footprint , cuz I am building a circuit int ORCAD, ANd I need footprint for my compenents

By OrCAD do you mean: OrCAD:Capture or OrCAD:{Layout,PCB Designer}
cause it is one thing attaching a footprint designator to a schematic capture program (you could provide the footprint-ID ass football, but SOIC14 is more relevant) because when imported into a layout program such names are tied to mechanical footprints (ie football then mapped to SOIC14) THEN actually ensuring correct mechanical dimentions

And right there is my biggest beef with schematic capture / autorouter programs. You can't lay out simple schematics or PCB boards without a library of all the components that you need. Capacitors, relays, connectors, and a host of other components are a pain if you intend to work from your existing inventory for most of the parts.

Yes, you supposedly can make your own custom footprints, but that's a waste of time if its for the only device of that type you own. And the time to do that is ridiculous.

That's why I've always stuck with my old cheap, unsophisticated PCBoards layout program. It takes less than an hour to learn to use it to near its full capability.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back