Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to earn more money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wealth210

I have finished my university four years ago,I worked in a toy company after leaving school,of course,It's my first job.I'm an electronic engineer.I find I can't get more and more money with working in a toy company.I'm lack of money now,so,I want to change my state.it let me bother once I think I am a poor man,but I can't do nothing about that.I wonder how can I earn more money? what's your opinon and suggestion?

Get a job which uses those skills you learned in university. They've got to be worth something to someone.

Or simply spend less. It's something to consider in this day and age of consumerism.

... something to consider in this day and age of consumerism.

Hmmmm? Does anyone see a correlation between Wealth210's problem and an overall burst in the "mama-san work cheap. do good job" syndrome that has plagued the economic system for the past two decades.

Perhaps this reply better belongs in CHAT, but the answer to the OP's question lies not with any answer we can give, but in a general answer by, for example, his toy company, which perhaps is realizing that once humans understand they can be rewarded for their talents and abilities, they will expect to be rewarded even more for continued production. In short, Wealth210 appears to be in the van of disgrunted Pacific Rim employees tired of working for peanuts in sweat shops just so a product, dubious in quality, can be foisted on the world market at a cheaper price.

Come on, Hong Kong fat cats! Pay your people a decent wage!

NOTICE: All assumptions made herein are the property of the writer, who gives express licence to any reader interested in alteration or addition.l

The recession has really snatched the $$ from everyone.Hope it ends soon(cause i am about to complete my bachelors:)).

I hope you got an education that actually has enough knowledge in the correct areas to back you up!;)

Around here 3.5 years of a 4 year degree are wasted on everything not relative to the field of expertise you have chosen. The last .5 year is focused on most of the odd and abstract parts of what your profession probably wont even need to deal with on a regular basis. :mad:

American educational system at its best.:mad:

Turd polish anyone? :(
turd-polish2[1].gif

Earn More money

Turd polish anyone? :(

Do they sell that outside North Dakota?:p

Do they sell that outside North Dakota?:p

Yep. We actually get all of ours from government surplus auctions!
Unfortunately we seem to use most of it in our higher education systems though.;)
They buy it in bulk and pass the savings on to you when your a student!:mad:

I bet if you looked your local government has loads of polished turds and piles of polish just waiting for more fine things to apply it to! :(

I would have to agree with tcmtech although I'm not in that home stretch yet. I feel like my education should be structured different with less test and more rigorous projects that aren't afraid to leave the faint of heart behind. I think test only help the good students and the crammers which aren't always the engineers with the highest potential in developing real world applications. So I've come to the conclusion that it is up to each student to take their education into their own hands and study and try to apply more than what is taught in school while maintaining good grades. I have one friend who is already designing and selling his circuits, but hasn't got the best grades. I'm hoping to strike the balance between what he does and the book worms that ace every test.

Is it in a subject with any job prospects?, most university graduates do courses with little application in the job market.

You snatched the words out of my mouth. I siad that in a forum about challenges to youth some time ago(organized by the big G of course).But they only roll heads there and then its the same.I hate the fact that after doing 4 years of university graduates have to do trainings given by the companies before actually going on and doing the job. I mean whats the use of 'wasting' 4 years then!

:confused:

@ Xtrmi i am trying ot do the same(not with the circuit selling and stuff) but as much as i can.May be we could have a section here where one could upload open source stuff. Ciruits,boards,.. links to good knowledge stuff...you name it.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd be willing to contribute. Lately I've been exploring what I have learned so far and try to understand it in an application sense, so I have found some really good resources online. Once I get done with projects I'd be willing to explain how they work from a newbie's perspective in addition to posting stuff I've found from other people.

I hate the fact that after doing 4 years of university graduates have to do trainings given by the companies before actually going on and doing the job. I mean whats the use of 'wasting' 4 years then!

Wow, Pakistan has the same educational ethics and practices of the US?:eek:

I had a discussion with my college adviser when got fed up with paying near $10K a semester for completely useless garbage that had no real practical application or even realistic relevancy to how normal real world business practices and operations are done.

I asked him, When do I get the classes that will teach me what I need to know for when I graduate and get a job as an electrical engineer?
He said the company that hires me will most likely send me off to their own school or training center to get that part of my education.
WTF? :mad::mad:
If they are going to teach me what I need to know then why am I even here? :confused:
The best and most honest answer an educational professor and all around good adviser ever gave me was this.
Do you really think the universities sports and athletics programs pay for them selves?:mad:

If the OP got an education of the quality I got he is best off getting a job as a... well um, I guess getting a job in something related to whatever generals class he took that appealed to him most. ;)

For me I had three English classes related to writing I surprisingly liked so may be I should be a writer. After all I had more practical hands on experience in those classes than I had in my combined EE courses relating to practical application electrical stuff.

Sorry just my usual educational system flaws and disappointments rant. :eek:

You get out of college what you put into it. If you are just there for the grade, then that's all you will get. When you go the extra mile in a class the instructor rewards you with much insight and guidance.

I have found college to be quite rewarding, I have learned about networking (thanks to my professors), and I am now beginning in a path of cancer research. I would never have imagined it possible 10 years ago, yet here I am and I look forward to learning so much more. My possibilities would have never been plausible without college.

So study on my novitiate friends... :)

I had a discussion with my college adviser when got fed up with paying near $10K a semester for completely useless garbage that had no real practical application or even realistic relevancy to how normal real world business practices and operations are done.

$10K a semester? what school were you attending, Harvard?

$10K a semester? what school were you attending, Harvard?
NDSU Fargo ND.

Near $20K for two semesters including living expences. About triple what the other colleges were where I did my generals and pre engineering at.

I pay about 5000 just for classes. I for the most part love my school. I have brought up my views with professors at my school and they agreed that test weren't an optimal solution. I think schools do them because they are cheap and fast. Grading difficult projects takes more time and covering all the subjects would be tricky in addition to this there would be a lot of cheating. So I think it is well spent from my point of view. I know it could be cheaper if my school was in a metal building some where in an industrial park with room filled with computers and electronic testing equipment. Then they would be able to afford to be more rigorous and cover stuff with more depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back