Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to drive 74HC595 to big LED matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagala2003

Hi All Guru,
I have problem with matrix display moving sign. I bought small moving sign 128 x 8 pixel where column line driver direct using the output of IC 74HC595 and row line driver it has MOSFET P-Channel 5 A. I tried to change 0ne pixel/dot LED become to big LED have 17 LED paralell via Resistor 120 ohm so that each 0ne big LED have about 420 mA. To drive 128 big LED x 8 big LED will use about 50 A Row line and 4 A for each of column line. How to drive IC 74HC595 so that will be generate about 4 A current for each line? What type of MOSFET P-channel to drive 50A row line? Thank you for your help. Sorry about my English.

Regards,
Fazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back