Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to disassemble a toaster oven (please see images) to clean electrical wire compartment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proton1

Hello all.
New to this site, I saw a post on taking apart a toaster oven on this site, I am doing this too, so I thought I might post my question here too.

My question is more mechanical than electrical. I have unscrewed all the screws but discovered I cannot slide off the panels because the bottom layer comes out of the screw hole like outwards claws and grabs onto the outer layer, stopping me from taking off the outside layer (please see photo).

I am just wondering if anyone knows of how I can remove the panel without damaging the oven. I'd like to keep the oven working.

The toaster oven in the photo is on its right side, the vents you see are the back of the electrical compartment. Stupidly, there are vents on the top too and some vinegar flowed in when I was leaning it. I got this second hand and there are some sort sticky trails on the top of the oven as if the previous owner drizzled glue over the top, and over the vents. I'd like to take the panels off so I can clean them.

Also just FYI, the other screw is there because I put the screws back because the panel could not be removed. I removed one screw to show the claw for the photo. Removing the other screw will not help loosen the panels, further, it is not holding on to the panel in question.
There are multiple such 'claws' in different places.
Thanks

IMG_20200415_144548784_HDR[1].jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to ETO!
Looks to me as though there is at least one more screw that needs to be removed.

Welcome to ETO!
Looks to me as though there is at least one more screw that needs to be removed.

Hi,
Thanks for your help but that screw in the photo does not hold together the panels in question, further, all screws except one have been taken off, I put them all back when I discovered the claw is a problem. I took only one screw off to show the claw.
I have edited my post to reflect this fact.

It's hard to see what you're talking about in that small photo, does the end not pull off to the right, the holes have the metal on the inside coming through the hole itself stopping it from coming apart, maybe also the plastic handle on the end has a screw in it making it not come off.
couple more pictures might help also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back