Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to diode spice model in proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

okbro

Does anybody know how to attach spice model file for diode in proteus. I am trying to make a new 1N5817 component with spice file which i have already downloaded the file 1n5817.lib and put in the library folder.
From the help file in proteus it says to create PRIMITIVE and SPICEMODEL properties as shown below.
1.jpg

And I have added the properties as shown below while creating the diode part,
2.jpg

3.jpg

But when i run simulation it shows error:
4.jpg

In the simulation help file it shows exactly how to do this.. You will need to be able to read the spice file to get the exact model to reference.
this is what i referenced to and mentioned above, it is not working. there is one example with transistor and it says diode should be similarly configured so i followed it as shown in my post above but i don't what to put in the two properties SPICEMODEL and PRIMITIVE. For PRIMITIVE in the help file for 2N2222 transistor it says to put PRIMITIVE=ANALOGUE,NPN but for diode i dont know what to put, so i put PRIMITIVE=ANALOGUE,D guessing D is for diode. And for SPICEMODEL i wrote DI_1N5817,1N5817.LIB because the spice file has this:
1.jpg

and its not working

Its not an error.. It is just telling you that one of the parameters has to be slightly modified.
In this case the breakdown current..

The cathode isn't specified??

When I make a part I grab a close match first... Starting from scratch is problematic.

I do not get the pin bind error on mine..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back