Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to destroy a family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Guys

I have decided to leave this for now. So much stuff on the go and things to think about.
My own take on stuff.

You Folks are most welcome to discuss and go on here. Say your say and get it off your chest if it's bugging you :)

Regards,
tvtech

poop is part of life and I am sure everyone has had their share of others poop in their face. When my Mother wanted to sell her house at 92 as she had to move into a Senior's home, my sister was saying she legally controlled everything and was going to do it in her sweet time in 6 mos or more meanwhile, My mother could not afford to keep up two residences. I proposed 3 plans to repair/ upgrade and sell the home into her estate and had no intentions for profit. After she was sharing my mothers savings with her children to visit her and fill up their gas tanks for a short trip on the way to work or pay for airfare , I questioned what else she was using my Mothers savings for. SHe refused to tell me. So when she changed her mind about my Plan A,B,C and said just leave it and she'll get it cleaned up and sell it as is in 6 mos or so. I balked and said not acceptable. Then I challenged her sincerity and honesty and she started to refuse talking to me and started lying. So I went to call on her one morning and they wouldn't answer the door and later I backtracked and found them driving out the back lane. She said she was in a rush to go to the Dentist and I followed her as she was going to her Lawyer's office. She later disowned me and turned all her kids against me. I fixed up the 2 storey home with a new kitchen with granite counters and repainted metal cabinets and refurbished retro stove and wall oven. I got the house sold in one day for $100k more than original estimates from brokers and what we both expected to fetch.

My sister and her family no longer speak to me and my Mother was happy to rid of the financial burden of her home and got all the payment for the home in her account which my sister still manages. I later found out I was co-named in my mothers will to manage her financial affairs, which I supposed was a conflict waiting to happen.
5538446500_1419025493.jpg

Total time 2 wks ripping out rotten basement to bare concrete walls, restoring bathroom fixing plumbing and restoring kitchen , spray painted all the doors. Total cost of kitchen upgrade $1k for supplies included granite tiles. and diamond tile cutter plus my time.

1 wk to prep home for sale, inviting brokers and buyers private then got a broker to sell and it was gone in one day 50% more than expected value, partly due to my upgrades and partly inflation in good area.

I made good on my plan B and my sister is resentful I challenged her honesty by following her one morning to the lawyer. I was from out of town and had no time to waste like her. She was not negotiating, just controlling.
3598389500_1419026152.jpeg

Before with laminate counter removed and old leaky FL lighting ballast

I guess I was as stubborn as my sister and I ended up doing what I thought was best and took care of everything at the cost of our rather superficial relationship.
6847060500_1419026557.jpg

Last edited:
Tony, you don't know me.

Appreciate your input though.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back