Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create a 60Hz output

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you look at a standard clock with counts hh.mm.ss, the seconds tic slowly away, sooo, to make the time pass by faster, why not add the milliseconds :D , makes a simple "illusion" of the time going "faster". Hehe, don't ask why I'm really doing this, just for fun I think. First electronic project I'm doing, I'll post pic's if ya want when I'm finished.

Cheers! Thanks for all help so far!
Lac.

Lac said:
When you look at a standard clock with counts hh.mm.ss, the seconds tic slowly away, sooo, to make the time pass by faster, why not add the milliseconds :D , makes a simple "illusion" of the time going "faster". Hehe, don't ask why I'm really doing this, just for fun I think. First electronic project I'm doing, I'll post pic's if ya want when I'm finished.

Cheers! Thanks for all help so far!
Lac.
OK, that makes sense. Forgive me for all my scientific nosiness.

Ron

Seems like everyone here forgot the first rule of engineering/design....KISS.
If you want a 60Hz signal use a center tapped transformer and a bridge for the power supply . The center tap is ground, the other outs are supply for the circuit. connect a diode on either of the bridges inputs to a diode and Viola' a 60 Hz source! ( in relation to the common ground. ) It doesn't take all the gates and dividers unless the device is battery powered or you need a critical time base . I'd send a diagram but my conversion took a crap ..as usual. I'm assuming that the "clock" is line powered.

Till, you didn't read the whole thread...
Lac said:
No, I need the 60Hz signal to make the milliseconds, or those numbers that are smaller than seconds, I really don't know the name :? And I can't use the powerline since the whole circuit is battery powered and cordless. Any suggestion?

Cheers!
Lac.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back