Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to creat computer operated robot???

Status
Not open for further replies.

technoarc3

i'm dearming to creat a robot that computer operated buti don't know how to start and how to creat it...

Answer

Hello!

By computer do you mean an onboard laptop or a microcontroller? My only concern with the idea of a laptop would be the weight, unless you intend to strip it down to the bear minimum. If you want to use a microcontroller I would recommend PICAXE (**broken link removed**) as this is the best value for money. (In case you don’t know with a microcontroller you download computer code onto an IC). If you are not interested in microcontrollers then I think it is best that you buy a book. I would recommend the “Robotic Builders Bonza”, I will post the ISBN number and author’s name tomorrow when I access it from my local library.

Book

The book I was telling you about:

The Robot Builders Bonaza: 99 inexpensive robotic projects
By Gordan Mccomb
ISBN 0-8306-2800-2

I believe there is a second edition of this book out now. I think it costs £18. The book has several chapters on computer control and there a rumor that the second edition expands on this. (but it may just be a false rumor)

If you want to design a computer operated robot, first you must have knowledge of C-programming, this language is the one used for interfacing (to control ports of your computer, ex. printer, serial, parallel, usb, IR).You can then connect devices on them like relays, servo motors or any other actuating devices(basically the building blocks of robots) that will derive signals from the said ports. If you have the resources you could also try investing on PLCs and microcontrollers (the very core of automated manufacturing)

Hello
Need to know on how to operate moving displays on a single computer, like halloween and christmas snowmans?

Hello
Need to know on how to operate moving displays on a single computer, like halloween and christmas snowmans?

That is not consider as Robotics My friend.It is GIF Animation.You can use Macromedia Flash Instead.You'll find some good tutorial for the same on google.

That is not consider as Robotics My friend.It is GIF Animation.You can use Macromedia Flash Instead.You'll find some good tutorial for the same on google.

it's not GIF, i have build some snowman and Halloween displays with motors and it moves, like arms, heads and hands. I want to learn on how to put them on a computer make them move.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back