Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to convert this circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't need PWM back in the day thay would use a relay make it vibrate at 60hz use that to feed a step up transformer 12v to 100 use that to power the radio in a car.

To be more correct, it wasn't a 'relay' - it was a 'vibrator', and they came in syncronous and asyncronous versions.

A similar device to a relay, but made differently for a very different use.

Trying to get to it from here at work, it was blocked and the reason was:

Reason:
The category "Social Networking and Personal Sites" is filtered.

Maybe it had the word "Vibrator" in a different context..:eek:

We all ways said are relay went out in the radio and you can make a relay vibrate and do the same thing.And if crap means it will not run any thing that needs more then a mA of power then your right it is crap. But it will put out higher volts then to put in any time you oscillate even dc threw a step up transformer you will get higher volts with less power out put. See some one seen that if you didn't turn a relay on till it latched it would vibrate then idea came I can use that to make a radio play in my old ford wouldn't need that 90volt battery I would just oscillate the 12volts and step it up .

Probably wouldn't pass the hair dryer test. But you can accomplish the same thing by plugging the dryer in an hanging you head over the inverter. Just don't touch it. You'll get a kinky-fried new doo and possibly be branded for life..

We all ways said are relay went out in the radio and you can make a relay vibrate and do the same thing.And if crap means it will not run any thing that needs more then a mA of power then your right it is crap. But it will put out higher volts then to put in any time you oscillate even dc threw a step up transformer you will get higher volts with less power out put. See some one seen that if you didn't turn a relay on till it latched it would vibrate then idea came I can use that to make a radio play in my old ford wouldn't need that 90volt battery I would just oscillate the 12volts and step it up .

Problem with using a relay is it's not designed for that use, and it will have a VERY short life. Vibrators were specifically designed for this purpose, and many of them even rectified the output back to DC as well, they had a long and useful life.

They were really a bit before my time, but I've repaired a number of such radios over the years - and we used to have the vibrators still in stock, but they were dumped a number of years ago now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back