Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert C -> Asm -> Hex {pic}

Status
Not open for further replies.
You convert C -> Hex and Asm -> hex, but you don't go from C -> asm.

They both require compilers for the specific chip you are working with.

Last edited:
I have just learned how to get c into asm/hex and tehn onto pic. I used a program called mikroC and its quite easy to use.

You convert C -> Hex and Asm -> hex, but you don't go from C -> asm.

They both require compilers for the specific chip you are working with.

Hey Smanches, don't let 3v0 see that!

C needs to be compiled into ASM, then assembled into HEx, you can do this use all kinds of software compilers, including MPLAB.

ASM is assembled into a HEX file as stated above.

Turning C into ASM is an intermediate step.

But there is nothing the user has to do to compile the intermediate ASM. It is not a human involved step, so it's moot to point it out to the OP.

But there is nothing the user has to do to compile the intermediate ASM. It is not a human involved step, so it's moot to point it out to the OP.

i cont understans C .so i want C convert in asm. i have some C , project
for modi. can any body convert it for me ?

Attachments

• main.c
    2.4 KB · Views: 375
Microchip's MPLAB can read a PIC and display its output as assembler.

The PIC is loaded into the programmer and read. The resulting file can be seen by using the "View" pull down menu and "Program Memory." At the bottom of the display click on "Machine," or "Symbolic" to see the ASM.

I haven't tried doing this with a Hex file, but should also be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back